Thursday, August 2, 2007

MDeC Training Program - MMU Melaka (1st Batch)

Somewhere in June last year (2006), I had the privilege to conduct a training for the undergraduates of Multimedia University (MMU), Melaka, under the Global Knowledge Worker Program (GKWP) initiated by Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) Malaysia, with the support of the Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC) and the K-Workers Development Institute (KDI). The students selected to undergo this training were trained on the relevant professional skills and knowledge to enable them to operate effectively in the real-world environment with the ultimate goal of helping them transform themselves into "Knowledge-Workers" and "Results-Driven Professionals" in their respective industries.

There are 6 modules in the overall training program; Self-Mastery, Stand Up & Speak, Innovation and Creativity, Business Communications, Customer Service Excellence, and Workplace Etiquette. Altogether, the training took 15 days, and the 'Innovation and Creativity' module itself was 4 days.

I had the privilege to conduct the 'Innovation and Creativity' module for the undergraduates. I must say that I thoroughly enjoy myself during these 4 days. To be able to share some of my ideas with the students on Creative Thinking and to actually see them grow, see them significantly change their mindsets and see them master the skill of thinking out-of-the-box. No amount of money could ever buy the sense of satisfaction that I get from helping these students make certain changes in their ways thinking, in their ways of doing things and ultimately in their lives. And the best part of all is that, I made so many new friends. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to take many photos, so...here are just a few of them.



Helping the students Think-Out-Of-The-Box. The girl on the left is thinking really really hard *scratch head*...





Getting the students to move their bodies abit and massage their friends after a heavy lunch. *ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzpy* Actually I was the one who was ZzZzpy... and yes, I was also the one who had a heavy lunch...



Turn around and massage the person at the back! Some of them laughed hysterically and said "Geli-lahhhhh". Personally, I can't take someone massaging my shoulders. *GELI*...That's why I always facilitate this activity...so that I don't have to get involved. Haha...



*No comments*...Forgot what I was sharing here. That was like 1 year ago! 12 months! 52 weeks! 8760 hours! 525,600 minutes! 31,536,000 seconds! *no wonder I can't remember*

No comments: